Caravan Storage Tips
For almost 10 years Store & More have been providing caravan storage for clients in Geelong, the Surf Coast and the Bellarine Peninsula. Our caravan storage facilities in Ocean Grove and Torquay provides long and short term caravan storage for all size caravans including camper trailers, camper vans, motor homes and pop top caravans.
Each of our caravan storage areas are security monitored and are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by arrangement, so we provide flexibility depending on your needs.
If you have had your last amazing camping trip for the year and it’s time to put your caravan or camper trailer in storage for an extended period of time, we would like to share with you some great tips to prepare your van for storage and have it ready for your next trip away.
- Cleaning – Always fully clean the exterior of your caravan. Wash the top, sides and underneath, being certain to remove all dirt, oil, dust and grime. Before storage, please make sure your van is completely dry to prevent any mould build up.
- Remove Water – Empty water tanks, water filters and spare water containers to prevent water becoming stagnate and pipes rusting.
- Food – Be certain to clean all cupboards and remove all food and perishables, as rodents can have a field day if food is left. A great idea is to make a list of what is removed so it’s easier to stock your van for your next trip.
- Clothes and Linen – Empty all cupboards and remove any clothes, bedding, cushions and pillows. This will prevent them from getting musty and dusty.
- Electrical – Unplug all lights and cords. Turn all power points off. All external electrical connections can be covered while in storage.
- Windows/Doors – Always close and lock all windows, but it is a great idea to leave one or two inside vents open to prevent mould and help circulate the air. Closing blinds will also protect the interior from sunlight.
- Batteries and Gas – Turn your gas bottle off and cover it. Turn off and remove batteries from any appliances such as the TV remote, as they can leak if stored for too long.
- Fridge – Always remove all food and give your fridge an extra great clean. Before storing, prop open the fridge door to prevent mould and nasty smells.
- Cover – It is recommended to invest in a professional caravan cover while in storage. Covers will provide extra protection from harsh weather, but also provide protection from insects and rodents.
- Insurance – Although Store and More provide 24 hour security video surveillance and electronic code entry, we highly advise you to obtain insurance for you caravan while in storage.
Please call our Store & More team on 52648448 if you have any questions about caravan storage. We know how important your caravan is to you, so the extra time you do preparing your caravan for storage, will reward you when you are ready for your next holiday!